Tuesday, 20 November 2012 09:44
Visit to India
The Mathematical Grammar School team, consisting of:
• Nikola Tomic, 4b
• Lazar Radivojevic 2c
• Aleksa Marusic, 2c
• Jasminka Mihaljinac, Professor Attended a summit for community development and leadership from November 1st until November 12th this year.
The organizer of the meeting was the Modern School in New Delhi, which in this manner marked 92 years of its existence. 350 international participants attended the summit. They came from 22 countries and from 28 international schools. They visited the tomb of Mahatma Gandhi, the Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar and the Temple Akshardam. Our students wrote essays about significant women and a comic book describing a typical day of housewives. They also participated in:
• the panel discussions on education and status of women,
• creative workshops, visual arts,
• community work (with children with special needs)
• Culture day, where we presented Serbia and the Mathematical High School.